Student Research Presentations
KON Conclave 2023
Call for Research
Kappa Omicron Nu (KON) is issuing a call for student research in the human sciences to take place at its virtual Conclave meeting on November 4th. In addition to presenting, all presenters will be listed in KON’s Dialogue newsletter, social media, and on the website.
The purpose of KON’s student research presentations is to allow a safe space for students to develop the leadership skills of presenting and public speaking, encourage student pursuit of research, and showcase the work of members. Presentation at KON should not prevent any student from presenting at prestigious annual conferences or in scholarly journals.
Eligibility: Applicants must be a KON member that is a current student or has graduated within the previous year and is willing and able to present live in real-time via Zoom on October 4th. Accepted student presenters are expected to attend their own whole session.
- Students will give a 5-10 minute presentation of their research in a breakout room live at Conclave, followed by Q&A from any attendees or a session moderator.
- Candidates will use PowerPoint (or similar product) to present research slides. At least one slide or page is required.
- Research presentation will be spoken only and will not include music, singing, slide animations, or other auditory or visual effects unless submitted or approved.
- Group or team research is allowed if the submitter is a KON member. A KON member can have one non-KON member research colleague join them in the presentation, as part of their session time.
- Research can be in-progress or unfinished.
- Students may present on any part of their research process or findings.
- Research can be from a previous semester, or school year, as long as either the research or the research project has been completed within the past 18 months.
Application: To apply, applicants will email [email protected] their name, email, phone number, area of human science represented (your major), degree seeking/sought (bachelors, masters, Ph.D., etc), and an abstract. Abstracts must be no more than one page in length, not including references.
Timeline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis and will open on July 1st. Submissions are due October 7th, 2023.
Kappa Omicron Nu
2840 West Bay Dr. #141
Belleair Bluffs, FL 33770
© 2023 Kappa Omicron Nu, All Rights Reserved