Student Exhibit Presentations
KON Conclave 2023
Call for Student Exhibits
Kappa Omicron Nu (KON) is issuing a call for student exhibits in the human sciences to take place at its virtual Conclave meeting on November 4th. In addition to presenting, all presenters will be listed in KON’s Dialogue newsletter, social media, and on the website.
This call includes student projects related to fashion, interior design, and urban planning.
The purpose of KON’s student presentations is to allow a safe space for students to develop the leadership skills of presenting and public speaking, as well as showcase the work of members.
Eligibility: Applicants must be a KON member that is a current student or has graduated within the previous year and is willing and able to present live in real-time via Zoom on November 4th. Accepted student presenters are expected to attend their own whole session.
- Students will give a 5-10 minute presentation of their portfolio in a breakout room live at Conclave, followed by Q&A from any attendees or a session moderator.
- Candidates will use PowerPoint (or similar product) to present slides. At least one slide or page is required.
- Research presentation will be spoken only and will not include music, singing, slide animations, or other auditory or visual effects unless submitted or approved.
- Group or team research is allowed if the submitter is a KON member. A KON member can have one non-KON member project colleague join them in presentation, as part of their session time.
- Design projects can be in-progress.
- Students may present on any part of their design process or findings.
- Design portfolios can be from a previous semester, or school year, as long as the project or paper has been completed within the past 18 months.
Application: To apply, applicants will email [email protected] their name, email, phone number, area of human science represented (your major), degree seeking/sought (bachelors, masters, Ph.D., etc), and an abstract or short description of your design portfolio or presentation. This application should be no more than two pages. Please include pictures or images.
Students must submit for either finished work or work that is close to completion. If submitting an in-progress project, submit a sketch of what the final project will be.
Timeline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis and will open on July 1st. Submissions are due October 7th, 2023.
Kappa Omicron Nu
2840 West Bay Dr. #141
Belleair Bluffs, FL 33770
© 2023 Kappa Omicron Nu, All Rights Reserved