Membership Eligibility: Collegiate
To become a traditional Kappa Omicron Nu (KON) collegiate member, an individual must be an undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled full or part-time in a degree granting program, at a college or university with an active chapter of KON. Students in online-only programs within the chapter’s unit(s) are also eligible for membership. Any chapter, at its discretion, may establish higher collegiate eligibility criteria, based on academic requirements.
Undergraduate students must:
- Have declared a major in one of the human sciences,
- Have completed 45 semester hours or equivalent, and
- Rank in the top 30% of their class in the unit
Graduate students must:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program in one of the human sciences,
- Have completed 12 semester hours of graduate work or equivalent, and
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
To see if your school has a chapter, visit our chapter page. If you meet these requirements and are interested in membership, please contact the primary adviser listed on the chapter page or contact [email protected].
If you meet these requirements and your school doesn’t have an active KON chapter, see our guidelines for chartering a chapter or contact [email protected].
Membership Eligibility: Professional
Professionals not initiated at the undergraduate or graduate level may be initiated as a professional if they meet the following criteria:
- earned one or more degrees in a profession in the human sciences from an accredited college or university
- earned an undergraduate class rank in the top 30% or a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale as a graduate student.
Professional member applications must be approved by the Board of Directors.
Professional Membership Application Form
Kappa Omicron Nu eligibility is determined only by the above academic criteria. We do restrict prospective members to those with exceptional scholarship. Members may also be dismissed for not meeting chapter requirements (some chapters require completing program credit hours or a service project to earn cords or remain active in their chapter).
No prospective member or member may be denied or excluded based on race, color, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation or preference, marital status, physical ability, military status, or any other characteristic aside from scholarship.
If you feel that you have been discriminated against on the grounds listed above, please contact your local chapter adviser. If they do not satisfactorily address the issue, please contact the national office at [email protected].
Kappa Omicron Nu
2840 West Bay Dr. #141
Belleair Bluffs, FL 33770
© 2023 Kappa Omicron Nu, All Rights Reserved