Kappa Omicron Nu
Purpose of Internship: This internship has been created for the joint purpose of providing KON member students an opportunity to build job skills as well as providing KON with economical work assistance. KON will collaborate with guidelines or needs of the student such as schedules that accommodate their classes, oversee students tracking hours, sign paperwork, or communicate with school faculty.
An internship of 150 hours is used as a core, but KON is open to discussing other internship durations. Intern will be expected to complete any existing projects and transition the work back to staff before their departure.
Internship Details: Internship is non-paid, but fully remote. Intern must provide their own internet and communicate within core work hours of Monday through Friday 10-3 eastern. Intern and supervisors will schedule regular hours that incorporate those hours according to the intern’s class schedule and optimal company hours.
Intern will be provided a laptop computer, and any necessary loaded software including a softphone, to be mailed back to KON upon their departure at KON’s expense. They will be given a $50 monthly stipend toward internet or any other technology needs that may arise.
The supervisor of this intern will be Holly Roseski, Executive Director of Kappa Omicron Nu
The focus of this internship is marketing. The following is a list of some of the work tasks that may be included in this position. Training will be provided.
- Managing social media networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Producing Dialogue newsletter
- Conducting interviews and creating blog posts from interviews.
- Elementary graphic design such as social media cards, website carousel advertisements.
- Other duties as assigned. (Design brochure, create infographics, create presentation, post YouTube videos, assist with conference preparation, assistant host for webinars, etc. as needed.)
- KON member
- Willingness to work, learn, and produce a quality product.
- Experience in any area of marketing is preferred – social media management, newsletter creation / blogging, graphic design, videos, etc.
About Kappa Omicron Nu (KON): KON is the national honor society for the human sciences. We are accredited by the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS). KON was established in 1990 as the consolidation of Kappa Omicron Phi (founded in 1922) and Omicron Nu (founded in 1912).
The Mission of Kappa Omicron Nu is to promote empowered leaders through excellence in scholarship, leadership, and research in the human sciences. Our vision includes lifelong opportunities for professional and personal growth through networking, education and service.
KON defines the human sciences professions eligible for membership to include:
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Athletic Training
- Food Science & Human Nutrition, Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Health Sciences, Wellness
- Human and Child Development, Gerontology, Social Work
- Interior Design and Human Environment
- Personal and Family Financial Planning
- Textiles & Apparel, Design, Merchandising Management
- Educator training in these fields
- Related Fields
Note that Kappa Omicron Nu is managed by an Association Management Company (AMC) named Arden Solutions. This means that the intern’s supervisor and working colleagues are direct employees of Arden Solutions, and are paid to represent and staff Kappa Omicron Nu and act as it’s representatives. However, all work for this internship will pertain only to KON and the intern is being ‘employed’ directly by Kappa Omicron Nu for their resume or any other purpose.To apply submit resume and cover letter stating interest to [email protected]