KON Election 2020 – Vote by 09/25/20
Please read this page in its entirety and decide your vote before clicking to login and vote.
This is a single slate election for professional positions for Board, Publications (Editorial) Committee and Nominations & Elections Committee. Note that the three Student Board members will be elected by Chapter Delegates who will vote at the upcoming Virtual Annual Assembly meeting October 13, 7:00-9:00 pm. Each Chapter will have three votes for three separate candidates. Voting will be electronic and online.
Election information is posted on the KON.org home page, and all members in good standing (paid membership to national, not just to your chapter) will receive a ballot notice by email. And as publication times permit, a notice will also be printed in the Dialogue.
- Voting will be electronic. That is, voting will be online.
- You will need your member number which appears on your dues mailing
For Board Slate, click on the name for more information and click on (see resume) for that.
This is a single slate ballot. You will vote (1) Yes - Approve Slate, or (2) No - Disapprove Slate, or (3) Abstain for the entire list of proposed officers and Board members.
Login and Vote by clicking HERE
- Board of Directors
- Chair – Amber Roth (see resume) – Initiated Kappa Beta Xi, 2015, now Associate Professor, Carson-Newman University, Field: Textiles & Apparel, Design, Merchandising Management
- Chair-Elect – Melinda Adams (see resume) – initiated Nu Chi, 2009, now Professor, University of Incarnate Word, Textiles & Apparel, Design, Merchandising Management
- Secretary – Basem Boutros (see resume) – initiated Omicron Theta, 2016, now Assistant Professor, Sam Houston State University, Field: Food Science & Human Nutrition, Hotel & Restaurant Management
- First Vice-Chair – David Kyle (see resume) – initiated Omicron Alpha Kappa, 2017, Director, Ability Sport Network and Kinesiology Lecturer at The University of Alabama in Huntsville, Field: Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Athletic Training
- Second Vice-Chair – Ashney Williams, (see resume) initiated Omicron Gamma, 2017, Field: Textiles & Apparel, Design, Merchandising Management
- This position is a bit different and is included her for information only. The position is by appointment for a one-year term and is pending Bylaws approval: Treasurer - Victoria Williams, initiated Kappa Delta Zeta, 2018, Field: Food Science & Human Nutrition, Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Nominations & Elections Committee
- Joni Roh (one-year term) initiated Nu Omicron, Field: Health Science
- Gwen Lucas-Gordon (one-year term) initiated Kappa Gamma Alpha, Field: Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction
- Kitty R. Coffey (one-year term) initiated Kappa Beta Xi, Field: Food Science & Human Nutrition
- Kathleen Rees (two-year term), initiated Kappa Iota, Field: Textiles & Apparel, Design, Merchandising Management
- Kathleen O'Rourke (two-year term), initiated Kappa Alpha Theta, Field: Individual & Family Development
- Publications Committee (formerly called Editorial Committee)
- Cynthia Miller (one-year term), National Alumni Chapter Member, Field: Education
- Heather Colleran (one-year term), Initiated Omicron Alpha Kappa, Field: Food Science & Nutrition
- Grace Chee (two-year term), Initiated Omicron Alpha, Field: Social Work
- Sachiko Komagata (two-year term), Professional Membership Pending, Field: Exercise Science
- Frances Andrews (three-year term), initiated Omicron Alpha Epsilon, 1973, Field: Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Position open, please volunteer! (three-year term)
- KON Office, (727) 940-2658 x 2003, office@KON.org