Chapter Chartering Guidelines
Chartering a Chapter of Kappa Omicron Nu
We love new chapters! Chartering is the process of starting a new chapter of Kappa Omicron Nu.
Eligibility Criteria for Chapters
Kappa Omicron Nu is an ACHS-accredited honor society and upholds at minimum ACHS’ standards for chapter eligibility including:
- The institution is accredited by its regional accrediting agency.
- The institution offers one or more programs leading to a baccalaureate or advanced degree.
- The unit has sufficient qualified students and faculty to maintain an active chapter. KON defines sufficient as a minimum of five students and one adviser.
- Institutional administrators and faculty support the mission and bylaws of Kappa Omicron Nu, including the means for sustaining service to all chapter members (as included by means of signature in the application form).
- The future chapter will submit the attached application to [email protected].
- KON staff will review the application for completeness. When complete, the application will go to the KON National Board of Directors for review and approval. Following BOD approval, the chapter petition is forwarded to all other chapters for approval. After receiving a complete application, the process may take up to 60 days.
- If approved by the chapters a chapter name will be bestowed upon the new chapter.
- The chapter is free to proceed with issuing invitations. The national office will work with the chapter adviser to make their first initiation ceremony an installation ceremony. The National Office will provide a representative to attend either virtually or in-person depending on the location of the incoming chapter.
- Name, email, phone number, and postal address of at least one faculty adviser. Co-advisers are recommended.
- The total number of qualified candidates for membership.
- A plan of action for the first year of active status. At a minimum, the plan should include dates when you plan to send invitations, an initiation date, and plans for any other meetings in the first term.
- A statement of commitment to respond to the national office and abide by the bylaws and national office policies and requirements.
Or contact us at [email protected] and we will be pleased to assist you.
Kappa Omicron Nu
2840 West Bay Dr. #141
Belleair Bluffs, FL 33770
© 2023 Kappa Omicron Nu, All Rights Reserved