Guidelines for Chapter Reactivation
To reactivate an inactive chapter of Kappa Omicron Nu, develop a proposal for reactivation and submit it to the national office at least six weeks in advance of accepting new members.
The proposal must include:
- Contact information for advisers: The name and contact information of at least one faculty adviser who will assist students in planning a program of work and annual initiations. Two or three advisers to share the responsibility is ideal.
- Statement of commitment: Statement of advisor commitment to file timely information, forms, and initiation fees with national via kon.org/advisers. National office will supply the authorized adviser(s) with the necessary login information on approval of reactivation. We will also apply for and provide you with a tax ID number that will allow you to open a bank account for the chapter.
- Number of membership candidates. Qualified candidates from any program within the chapter's home college are eligible if the students and faculty agree that membership would be beneficial.
- Bylaws. Original bylaws be attached, or a date by which you will create new bylaws.
- First year plan of action. At a minimum, the plan should include:
- Date to issue invitations.
- Due date for acceptance and initiation fees.
- Date of initiation.
- Educational or other planned speaker for initiation.
- Method and date you will elect officers.
- Date of a meeting to orient officers, welcome members, and schedule programming for the year.
- Dates of follow up meetings. At a minimum, each chapter year should include a Fall and/or Spring Initiation and one additional educational event.