KON Officer Orientation
Directions: The outgoing officers and advisers shall conduct orientation for the newly elected officers soon after election of officers. It would be useful to conduct the session in a location where there is access to the Internet. A 1.5-hour meeting will offer the opportunity to explore KON information resources and to make preliminary decisions regarding chapter leadership and programming for the next academic year.
New Member/Officer Orientation - short PowerPoint presentation
Planning for Next Year
- Review the Annual Report prepared by outgoing officers
- Review recommendations of outgoing officers
- Conduct one-on-one interaction of outgoing and incoming officers
- Make preliminary decisions regarding
- Specific duties and responsibilities of each officer
- Process for program planning
- Set meeting schedule for developing
- Program for the next year
- Chapter meeting calendar
- Committee appointments
- Communication system
National Expectations for Programming
- 100% participation in a programming focus on scholarship, research, and/or leadership at least one programming event in addition to initiation that focuses substantively on scholarship, research, or leadership development.
- Member participation in needs assessment, goal setting, action planning, and collaborative implementation.
- Annual review of chapter activities to determine changes to improve chapter effectiveness.
KON Chapter Planning Session
This planning session follows the officer orientation program. Officers and Committees will follow through on preliminary plans for the chapter program and will focus on recruitment and initiation of new members.
- Review National Program Priorities
- Conduct program needs assessment--Values, Needs, Prioritize needs
- Set goals and assign to committees
- Develop an action plan for each goal
- Develop program schedule
- Plan publicity and communication system
- Develop officer and committee chair meeting schedule
Recruitment and Initiation
- Develop a schedule for
- Determining candidates - eligible undergraduate and graduate students and professors
- Establishing date, time, place, and program for initiation
- Issuing invitations
- Forwarding labels to the National Office for family invitations
- Preparing for initiation
- Assign committee for implementation
- Plan for publicity