Scholarships Fellowships Grants
Each opportunity is presented on a competitive basis to active KON members who have demonstrated scholarship, research and leadership. Awards are made for study and research in the human sciences or a specialization at colleges of universities with strong research programs and supporting disciplines for the chosen major or topic. Not all scholarships are awarded every year as awards are based on applications received and reviews.
- Call for applications opens February 1
- Submissions due April 1 Extended to April 20, 2020, other dates will be adjusted
- Reviews Complete by May 1
- Award notices by May 15
- Awardees accept or reject away by June 1
- Reports for multiyear projects due June 1
- Payments made in early July
How to Submit an Application
- All submissions will be electronic and will be reviewed electronically on ProposalSpace
- Create your free ProposalSpace account. https://proposalspace.com/signup
- Follow these instructions to plan your submission
- When you have planned all sections of your submission, login to ProposalSpace and complete the application process online. You may continue to edit until complete, and then you must click Submit by 11:59 pm March 15, eastern time.
- Follow this link to submit. https://proposalspace.com/calls/d/1142 (Login required. This link changes annually)
- You may start a submission and come back to it as many times as you need, until you are finished when you will hit the Submit icon. You will receive an email confirmation that the submission has been successful. If edits are needed after submitting, contact the KON National Office and we can return the submission to draft for you to edit and resubmit.
|**Click the hyperlinks for details**||Time Frame||Masters||Doctoral
|Masters & Doctoral|
|Eileen C. Maddex Fellowship||$2,000||Annual||X|
|National Alumni Fellowship||$2,000||Biennial||X|
|Omicron Nu Fellowship||$2,000||Biennial||X|
|Omicron Nu Research Fellowship||$2,000||Annual||X|
|Betty Jeanne Root Fellowship||$2,000||Biennial||X|
|Marjorie M. Brown Fellowship Program||$10,000||1 award||Doctoral student, tenure-track professor (varying rank); see very specific instructions|
|Research & Projects|
|National Alumni Chapter Grant||$1,000||Annual||Individuals or research teams|
|New Initiatives Grant||$3,000||Annual||Individuals or research teams|
|Ruth E. Hawthorne Research Grant||$2,000||Annual, renewable year 2||Tenure-track assistant professor|
|Undergraduate Research Award||$300 + $300||Annual||Student and Mentor each receive $300|
- Current, active member in good standing (dues paid up)
- For masters' and doctoral awards, the student must be currently enrolled and demonstrate an ability in graduate student, interest in competence in research. The research or project must relate to significant concerns related to individual, family and community development. The student must show potential for professional leadership.
- Any project approved for funding by Kappa Omicron Nu shall be appropriately identified by using the prescribed format: "Supported in whole or in part by Kappa Omicron Nu."
- No project involving human subjects will be funded without documentation of IRB approval, though it is permitted to apply for projects if you document IRB progress toward approval.
- Awards are made at the discretion of the Awards Committee and the KON Board of Directors.
Forms to complete and upload as required; not all forms apply to all applications
- Planning the Submission
- Masters & Doctoral Fellowships
- Marjorie Brown Fellowship Details
- Research & Project Grants
- Student Supplemental Information Form
- Recommendation Template
- Institutional Approval Form