Dorothy Mitstifer Scholarship
The Dorothy Mitstifer Scholarship is given to a KON member student who has demonstrated excellence in leadership while conducting service projects or volunteerism that support or benefit the student’s field of study.
An individual can apply on behalf of their KON chapter, or projects may be conducted entirely outside of KON. Two awards will be given in 2023 for $500 each.
Applicants should submit:
- Name, email, phone number, postal address, school, chapter, degree sought and progress toward degree.
- What organization(s) their work supports.
- Number of volunteer hours over the past two years noting when and how often they worked.
- Letter of recommendation from site supervisor, volunteer coordinator, or similar.
- Statement noting:
- description of type and scope of their volunteerism
- how they have gained leadership and professional development skills from their work
- how their work has impacted their community or others.
To apply, email all application components to [email protected] (Microsoft Word or pdf preferred). All pieces or documents related to application must be submitted together, including reference or support letters. Though KON staff will confirm receipt of pieces, we will not follow up to ask for missing components.
Kappa Omicron Nu
2840 West Bay Dr. #141
Belleair Bluffs, FL 33770
© 2023 Kappa Omicron Nu, All Rights Reserved