Scholarships & Grants
Thank you to all of our applicants in 2022. Visit us again in 2023.
for $1,000 award and National Presentation
Due: May 1, 2022
Presentation Date: Sunday, June 26, 2022
Coordinating Council of Honor Societies (CCHS)
In the Human Sciences
Undergraduate student members of Kappa Omicron Nu and Phi Upsilon Omicron are eligible to submit research papers for presentation at the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) Annual Conference which will be held in Orlando, Florida June 25-27, 2022.
Only papers from completed research projects will be considered for the award. Papers may be submitted only once. Students who completed their degrees in August or December 2021 and have graduated are still eligible to be considered for this award.
A committee of professional leaders from both sponsor honor societies will blind review all submitted research papers. Only one paper will be selected for the $1,000 cash award and presentation. Selection of the paper for presentation will be completed and the participant notified no later than May 21, 2022.
The following seven criteria will be used in selecting the paper to be presented:
- Relevance to human sciences
- Scholarly presentation
- Justification for the study
- Logical organization
- Mastery of the subject
- Appropriate documentation
- Follows paper specifications and application submission procedures.
The award carries the obligation of presenting the paper in-person during the AAFCS Annual conference on June 26th.
Papers submitted for consideration may describe student projects or research from seminars, independent studies, or class projects in the student's major. Projects must be fully completed between January 1, 2021, and April 30, 2022 to submit by May 1, 2022.
- Cover page: Include a cover page identifying the author's name, address (permanent and school), phone number (permanent and school), school and personal e-mail addresses, name of college/university, name of honor society in which membership is held, name of chapter advisor, name of the writing advisor, student status (i.e., junior, or senior). No identification of the author or chapter should appear on the pages of the paper.
- If a research paper carries multiple authors' names, though CCHS will acknowledge all authors of the work in marketing and presentation, the financial award is only presented to the submitting student. (All researchers are not required to be KON or Phi U members, only the applicant.)
- Papers should be five to ten pages in length excluding the cover page, references, and appendices. Documents submitted are to be double- spaced using an Arial font of no smaller than 11-point.
Deliver submissions no later than midnight eastern time on May 1, 2022.
The student whose paper is selected will present the paper under the auspices of Phi Upsilon Omicron and Kappa Omicron Nu. The presentation should be about 20 minutes in length and followed by 10 minutes of questions and answers.
An honorarium check for $1,000.00 will be awarded to the presenter following the presentation.